There’s a short novel’s worth of great stuff that I found to read this week, along with a great video on being in control of your technical career. It’s truly an embarrassment of riches. - The Perils of Premature Optimization | Good Math, Bad Math
- This is an *awesome*explanation of why you shouldn't change things in a system unless you have the data to back it up.
- Hooray for TorqueBox 1.0! I really can’t wait to play around with this project myself.
- Amazon — The Purpose of Pain
- These are three links related to the EC2 outage. Long story short, you should avoid putting your entire system into EC2 (or any single data center for that matter). They’re good reads for people see no disadvantages to cloud computing.
- The Career 2.0 video is a really great place to start if you’re a technologist who is worried about his or her career.
- “The book is dead. Long live content.”
- This is a pretty old blog post, but I’m looking for a good way to do SIP on my new Android phone, and this looks like the most promising process so far.